What’s on at the Club tonight
Tonight is Round 2 of the Mono Print Competition, which will be judged by Martin Faiers.
Next week (4 December) will be hand in for the Steinberger Cup; see below for more details.
Christmas Meal – 8 December 2014
Thank you to all who have given me their menu selection. I will bring to the Club tonight charts showing menus, can those who have not already done so, please let me have their choices.
This is a one-class competition for any PDI taken on any of the Club’s official outings during the 14 months prior to 11 December. The qualifying events are:
Christmas Meal – 16 December 2013
London Walk and Science Museum – 16 February 2014
Riverhill Himalayan Gardens – 12 April 2014
Coach Trip to Lewes – 7 June 2014
Any picture taken for the Summer Project – May to September 2014
Tall Ships at Canary Wharf – 7 September 2014
You may enter up to 4 images provided the image has not been previously entered into this competition or the Kerri Cup.
Lots of Christmas related stuff this weekend
29 November 2014
- Hayes School Christmas Market, West Common Road, BR2. 13:30 -17:30. Cost: £0.50. Under 10’s free. A wide variety of artisans will be at the Christmas Market. A carol concert will take place at 4:00.
- Harris Academy Beckenham Christmas Fair, Manor Way, Beckenham, Kent BR3 3SJ. 10:00 – 15:00 – Cost: £1.00 adults, children free. Over 40 arts and crafts stalls, festive food market and much more. Plus Christmas entertainment. All indoors, everyone welcome.
- Christmas Market at St Christopher’s Bromley, Caritas House, Tregony Road, Orpington BR6 9XA. 10:00 – 14:00 – Cost: £1, children free. Enjoy a glass of mulled wine and a mince pie to put you in the festive mood, together with lots of great stalls to help you get some items ticked off your Christmas shopping list, plus fun activities for all the family. Graham Harmer flower demonstration 10:00 am to 11:30 am – £5 per person in advance.
- Chislehurst Christmas celebration. 15:00 – 17:00 – Free. Christmas comes to Chislehurst High Street. Father Christmas, mulled wine, roasted chestnuts, and festive entertainment. The event will be subject to weather conditions.
- Beckenham Christmas celebration, Beckenham Green – next to St George’s Church. 12:00 – 20:00 – Free. Enjoy the candle-lit parade, children’s fun fair, and entertainment on stage, food stalls, Santa, carol singing, mince pies and much more!
Sunday 30 November 2014
Bromley Christmas celebration starting at 12 noon in the High Street and Market Square, including the Santa Dash and Christmas lights switch on at 5:00 pm. The Santa Dash is a 2 km jog or walk through Bromley Town Centre, for more details and to register visit www.mytimeactive.co.uk/santadash
12 noon entertainment starts in the High Street and Market Square and continues all day
2:00 pm The Santa Dash begins.
4:00 pm A visit from stars of the Churchill Theatre’s Sleeping Beauty Pantomime
4:45 pm Christmas parade with Santa, sleigh and 2 real reindeer
5:00 pm The Christmas lights switch on by VIP’s
There is also a Christmas Village for the whole family with traditional rides, Christmas tree, nativity stable, festive stalls, street entertainment, sheep trail and lots more! The event will be subject to weather conditions.
To those scoring a 20 in Round 2 of the PDI Competition.
Preliminary – Nautilus 1 by Paul Tipping
Intermediate – In Full Flow and Quiraing Mountains, Isle of Skye both by Czech Conroy
Advanced – Havana Cabana by Steve Jones and Trumpets by Paul Whitmarsh
KCPA Ross Cup 2014
This was held last Saturday hosted by Parkwood Camera Club, Chatham. The judge, Marcus Scott-Taggart, commented on one print from each of the 38 Kent clubs who entered a panel. Not all the Judge’s comments were positive but Betty’s photo “Details” obtained a very favourable comment. In my opinion the category scoring the highest marks was in the natural history genre.
Aperture Woolwich Photographic Society won the competition, Sevenoaks Camera Club being the runners up. Sadly Bromley came 36th. There is a trophy awarded for the most improved Club so let’s aim for that next year!
Conflict, Time, Photography – Tate Modern now on
From the seconds after a bomb is detonated to a battleground years after a war has ended, Conflict, Time, Photography traces a moving journey through over 150 years of conflict around the world. View the legacy of war as artists and photographers have captured it.